Tarragon Health Benefits
Not many people know of the tarragon’s health benefits. In fact, not many people have heard of this bitter, but aromatic culinary seasoning called tarragon. Traditional usage and folklore of tarragon health benefits exist. Scientific research is now corroborating these and discovering the added wonders of this bitter sweet herb. More than a decade of research has revealed some promising health benefits of tarragon that have led to a rising demand for tarragon supplements in the dietary supplement consumer market.
Tarragon is an herb, a hardy perennial native to southern Europe. Other names for it are Estragon and Little Dragon. The French love the anise-like almost licorice flavor of this herb and use it to delicately flavor eggs, fish, chicken, fish and cheese. Tarragon is also used to spice up vinegar, mustard, relishes and sauces. Russia has a different variety of tarragon, one which grows wild and is more subdued in flavor. The leaves of both varieties, however, are known to have medicinal properties and are used in manufacturing tarragon supplements.
Current research strongly delineates the following tarragon health benefits:
- Heart health – Tarragon supports cardiovascular health. Studies show that tarragon helps in the inhibition of blood platelet aggregation, adhesion and secretion.
- Healthy glucose levels – Tarragon has hyperglycemic properties. Tarragon helps the body to use insulin more effectively. This results in lower blood glucose levels due to the increase in insulin signaling.
- Digestive aid – Tarragon can be used a digestive tonic. It helps to alleviate gastric disorders and bowel complaints. It is believed to relieve abdominal bloating, dyspepsia and rid the bowels of intestinal worms. Tarragon also helps to stimulate the appetite. People suffering from anorexia find it useful to build appetite and stimulate the digestive system.
- Women’s health – Tarragon is useful as a supplement for women who suffer from suppressed menstruation. It is considered to have emmenagogue properties and therefore, helps to regulate monthly cycles.
- Sleep aid – Tarragon can be used as a sedative. It helps to facilitate a good night’s sleep.
- Natural anesthetic – Tarragon contains eugenol, a natural anesthetic. Used externally, eugenol can bring relief to nagging toothaches.
- Diuretic – Tarragon is considered to be a diuretic and helps to expel excess water retention in the body.
- Bath and beauty products – Tarragon is used in the manufacturing of soaps and cosmetic because of its fragrance.
- Muscle-building – The most recent studies show tarragon health benefits most specifically in Russian tarragon. Russian tarragon helps to increase muscle creatine absorption. This effect is similar to muscle creatine absorption when creatine is ingested with large amounts of carbohydrates. Since tarragon provides the same effects with creatine, the consumption of high doses of carbohydrates is no longer necessary. This is, indeed, a promising ingredient in bodybuilding supplement manufacturing. This property of tarragon may be further developed and used in weight loss management.
- Eye health – Tarragon is rich in potassium and the Vitamin A precursor, beta carotene. The body converts tarragon Vitamin A into rhodospins, proteins in the rod of the retina.
Demand for Tarragon Supplements Is On The Rise
Tarragon supplements in the market today have received wide consumer acceptance. With ever increasing scientific research substantiating the health benefits of tarragon, the market demand for tarragon supplements is predicted to rise as more awareness is created. As more research on tarragon health benefits becomes available in 2010, tarragon supplements manufacturing is predicted to have an even higher growth potential.
Call one of our representatives today to find out how you can manufacture quality tarragon supplements to meet the nutritional needs of your customers. You may also submit a free quote request through our website. Typical quote turnaround time for tarragon supplement products is 48 hours.