Colon Cleanse Supplements - Truth or Scam?
In the midst of colon cleansing scams and raging dilemmas on whether colon cleanse supplements should or should not be used, supplement manufacturers are in a quandary about whether they should or should not manufacture colon cleansing supplements.
Poorly formulated colon cleanse supplements don't help much and have tarnished the reputation of colon cleanse supplements. But a well-formulated colon cleanse supplement certainly helps to enhance digestive and colonic health and can truly meet consumer expectations.
The goal of any colon cleanse dietary supplement should be to support colonic and digestive health as well as promote optimal systemic health. A well-formulated colon supplement can nutritionally promote health through enzymes, probioitcs, prebioitics, herbal laxatives, and other nutraceutical ingredients. These ingredients help to support maximum absorption of nutrients and thereby provide optimal support for the body's system.
What Colon Cleanse Supplements Best Promote Colon Health?
Digestive ailments affect the lives of 60 to 70 million Americans and account for 13 percent of hospitalizations, according to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive & Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). Constipation, diarrhea, abdominal cramping and bloating can be symptoms of IBS which affects 20 percent of the American population. Peptic ulcers, a common gastrointestinal complaint is usually caused by a bacterial infection. Nutritional support for colonic health can provide optional solutions.
Colon cleanse supplements should ideally provide comprehensive formulas which include the following:
Enzymes help to break down food and fuel the body's functions. Enzyme supplements can help to improve digestion, lower the incidence of gastrointestinal stress, and help to support optimal pH levels. They also help to increase the growth of probiotics (healthy bacteria). Our poor dietary habits, lifestyles, toxins and stress can deprive the body of enzymes and also deteriorate the body's own enzyme production. Popular enzymes include papain and bromelain.
There about 100 trillion bacteria in the digestive tract. They collectively weigh about 4 pounds and when present in harmony, they help to raise the level of immunity. The U.S. Surgeon General reported in 1988, that a healthy microflora could set off the body's mechanism for preventing infection. In addition:
- Lactic acid producing bacteria help to inhibit the growth of bad bacteria.
- Acidophilus and Bifidus help to promote the bioavailability of minerals and promote the absorption of calcium, copper, iron and magnesium.
- A balanced microflora is necessary for the body to manufacture essential B vitamins, Vitamins A and K.
- Probiotics help to promote bowel movements and also produce enzymes
Research shows that probiotics provides protection against gastrointestinal stress, colitis, ulcers, diarrhea, constipation and abdominal pain caused by pathogenic bacteria.
Prebiotics are foods, often fiber, probiotics feed on for their proliferation. There are two kinds of fibers - soluble and insoluble.
- Studies show that soluble fiber, such as psyllium husk, can help lower cholesterol and blood glucose.
- It also helps promote the transit of digestive waste along the digestive tract. Insoluble fiber absorbs water and makes stools softer for more comfortable bowel movement.
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) are also called prebiotics. FOS helps to proliferate friendly bacteria that already exists in an individual's intestines. FOS help to increase the individual's own strain of bacteria thus preventing the proliferation of bacteria that may not be beneficial or compatible to the individual.
Herbal Laxative Stimulants
Herbal stimulant laxatives include senna, rhubarb root, buckthorn bark, cascara sagrada, and aloe. These help to enhance colon functions by cleansing mucus from intestinal walls and stimulating peristalsis. Research shows that while these are effective they must be used according to instructions for maximum results.
Herbal Digestive Aids
Certain herbs and botanicals have been well studied for their roles in supporting digestion. Ginger helps to stimulate secretions in the stomach and has a calming effect on the digestive tract. Fennel helps to release flatulence. Peppermint is known to soothe the digestive system. There are many more such well-researched herbal digestive aids.
More people need help today with digestive problems than ever before. Nutraceuticals can be used to support digestive health, and specialty products can be used in combination formulas to target specific GI health issues such as ulcers, IBS, IBD and other common GI complaints. There is a wave of nutrition consciousness spreading across America. More Americans are adapting themselves to healthier lifestyles. Maintaining digestive health is vital:
- Research shows that 60 to 80 percent of immune health is linked to the GI system.
- Research has also established a gut-mind connection that supports mental well being.
- Digestive health is responsible for proper absorption of nutrients, elimination of fats and thus is linked with optimal systemic health and plays a role in weight management.
Manufacture Quality Colon Cleanse Supplements With Nutricap Labs. Request Your FREE Quote Today!
It is no wonder that more people are looking for nutraceutical products such as colon cleanse supplements that address GI health and promote overall wellbeing. Contact a representative from Nutricap Labs now to see how you can manufacture quality colon cleanse supplements at budget-friendly pricing. Submit your FREE quote request or call (800) 494-6154 to speak with one of our knowledgeable product advisors. Typical quote turnaround time is 48 hours depending upon the type and quantity of your request and the availability of raw materials.